Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ubuntu 11.04: Window Docking Shortcuts

I stumbled upon some new shortcuts in Natty Narwhal to dock a window in a certain position.

Try out Ctrl+Alt+<Number Pad Key>. This will dock your window according the position of the number in the number pad. Note that it doesn't work with the numbers along the top of the keyboard.

1: Bottom left corner
2: Bottom
3: Bottom right corner
4: Left
5: Middle (but not maximized)
6: Right
7: Top left corner
8: Top
9: Top right corner
0: Maximize

If you press the same number several times, it will change the size of the window.

I found this super handy when I needed to fit things inside my monitor, such as having 2 terminals side-by-side.

Try it out and let me know what you think down below in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment